The best way to reach me is via email:
- I started a new blog about problem-solving! I’ll occasionally post math problems I find interesting, with an emphasis on clever and elegant proofs. Check it out, and let me know if you’re interested in contributing!
- Aug. 8–11, 2016: Attended the International Conference on Continuous Optimization in Tokyo, Japan. (blog post).
- Jul. 6–8, 2016: Attended the American Control Conference in Boston. (blog post).
- Jan. 24–29, 2016: Attended the IMA Workshop on Optimization and Parsimonious Modeling at the University of Minnesota. (blog post).
- Dec. 15–18, 2015: Attended the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control in Osaka, Japan. (blog post).
- Oct. 29–30, 2015: UTRC Invited Lecture on Control and Dynamical Systems at the University of Maryland.
- Sep. 28–Oct. 2, 2015: Attended the IMA Workshop on Distributed Control and Decision Making over Networks at the University of Minnesota. (blog post).
- Aug. 24, 2015: Start date at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. I will likely spend most of my time in my office in the Discovery Building until classes start in early September. (blog post).
Laurent Lessard is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and Faculty Member of the Optimization Group at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery. Laurent received the B.A.Sc. in Engineering Science from the University of Toronto, and received the M.S. and Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University, advised by Sanjay Lall and co-advised by Matthew West. After completing his doctoral work, Laurent was an LCCC Postdoc at Lund University, Sweden, where he worked with Anders Rantzer. Subsequently, Laurent was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Berkeley, where he worked in the Berkeley Center for Control and Identification with Andrew Packard and also collaborated with Ben Recht and others in the AMPLab. While at Berkeley, he was also partially supported by Kameshwar Poolla.
Engineering Hall, Rm 3627
Discovery Bldg, Rm 4172