Contact InformationThe best way to reach me is via email: email@example.com
- Nov 6, 2017: New manuscript on the analysis of Approximate SGD now online! (blog post).
- Nov 3, 2017: Invited talk, Boston University (CISE Seminar).
- Oct 23–27, 2017: Attended the CMO-BIRS Workshop “Beyond Convexity” in Oaxaca, Mexico. (blog post).
- Oct 11, 2017: Invited talk, Northwestern University (EECS and OSL Seminar).
- Oct 3–6, 2017: Invited talk at the Allerton Conference in Monticello, IL. (blog post).
- Sep 22, 2017: Invited talk, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (ISE Seminar).
- Aug 7–11, 2017: Attended the International Conference on Machine Learning in Sydney, Australia. (blog post).
- May 20 – Jun 16, 2017: Attended the LCCC Focus Period on Large-Scale and Distributed Optimization at Lund University in Sweden. (blog post).
- May 22–25, 2017: Attended the SIAM Conference on Optimization in Vancouver. (blog post).
- May 18, 2017: Attended the Workshop on Optimization and Machine Learning at Northwestern. (blog post).
- May 11–12, 2017: Attended the Smart Urban Infrastructures Workshop at MIT. (blog post).
- May 2, 2017: My student Akhil Sundararajan wins the 2017 Gerald Holdridge Teaching Excellence Award! (blog post).
- Apr. 22–23, 2017: Attended the 6th Midwest Workshop on Control and Game Theory in Ann Arbor. (blog post).
Laurent Lessard is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and Faculty Member of the Optimization Group at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery. Laurent received the B.A.Sc. in Engineering Science from the University of Toronto, and received the M.S. and Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics at Stanford University, advised by Sanjay Lall and co-advised by Matthew West. After completing his doctoral work, Laurent was an LCCC Postdoc at Lund University, Sweden, where he worked with Anders Rantzer. Subsequently, Laurent was a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Berkeley, where he worked in the Berkeley Center for Control and Identification with Andrew Packard and also collaborated with Ben Recht and others in the AMPLab. While at Berkeley, he was also partially supported by Kameshwar Poolla.
Office (ECE)Engineering Hall, Rm 3627
1415 Engineering Dr
Madison, WI 53706 tel: (608) 890-2635
Office (WID)Discovery Bldg, Rm 4172
330 North Orchard St
Madison, WI 53715 tel: (608) 316-4405